STRATEGIC MINE PLANNING – OPTIMIZE MINE PROFITS
When exploration and mining companies need to evaluate the financial viability and the optimal mine strategy for a deposit, they turn to the industry leading strategic mine planning solution – GEOVIA Whittle™.
Companies depend on Whittle to help them determine their investment strategy and to deliver robust mine plans that maximize profitability by taking into account real mining constraints.
Whittle delivers trusted results and is used in scoping, feasibility, life-of-mine scheduling, and in the ongoing re-evaluation of mine plans throughout the production phase.
Because pit optimization alone is not enough to unlock the full economic potential of your operation, Whittle provides mine optimization, which enables significant increases in project value over and above pit optimization.
With its 64-bit platform, Whittle handles large data sets designed to optimize and run big models.
To aid with these ever increase larger datasets, in addition to Lerchs-Grossmann, Whittle also includes the Pseudoflow algorithm which is renowned for the speed in which it generates pit shells, even for these large datasets.
- Understand the potential value of the deposit.
- Target areas for future drilling.
- Establish the economic viability of the deposit and options for capital investment and development strategies.
- Examine sensitivities and assign resources accordingly for future studies.
- Identify preferred development strategy, capital investment, expected NPV and optimal extraction sequence.
- Calculate sensitivities to develop risk reduction strategy.
- Ascertain final reserve statement for the deposit.
- Study expected return on investment.
- Analyze sensitivities and investment risk.
- Consider multiple scenarios for reducing risk.
- Determine strategic direction for the mine; cut-off grade and optimized cut-off grade; mining areas and extraction sequence per period; and development strategies for new mines and push backs.
- Re-evaluate mine plans in response to changing conditions.
- Calculation of annual reserve statement.